Thursday, January 27, 2011

Being Inspired

Being inspired…
Growing up my main inspiration was my mother; I mean who wouldn’t love a woman who changed her hair color just as frequently as one would change their knickers. She would polish her nails to match her outfits and refused to leave the house until her face was "ON".
I wanted to be just like her, there was only one problem…I was a BOY!
Luckily she found ways of allowing me to emulate her without actually having to walk around the house in her clothes. She encouraged me to help her with all of her beauty school projects as well as her spur of the moment interior design makeovers. To this day I still remember my little plastic finger which was attached to a box that I used to perfect my marble nail polish technique. When I wasn't giving her my opinion on just how short to cut the hair on her beauty school mannequin's head, I was questioning as to why the living room was now my bedroom and the dining room was now in the kitchen.
I would literally leave for school in the morning just to come home later the same day to find all of the rooms in our apartment had new purposes. I learned at a young age just how to adapt to change. As I look back on it now, I realize that all I have and all I am, I owe to my mom; and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks Ma!


Stay inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment